Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Apple Cinnamon Jam



I had two apples sitting around in the fridge for over a week. My hubby is not fond of fruits and he takes fruits only in the form of juice or shake and myself being a bit finicky dont prefer eating one week old fruits. I love my fruits fresh. As inculcated into my psyche from childhood, I abhor wasting foods. I rather prepare and buy food in small amount than allowing them to go stale to toss them off into the dustbin later. So with the intent of making some use of the apples I rummaged through the recipe book given out as complimentary with the microwave oven and bingo, there I came across a nice recipe of Apple Cinnamon Jam.

The preparation took hardly 10-15 minutes and the result turned out to be perfect for spreading on a piece of bread at breakfast. Here goes the recipe:

Ingredients:

 2 apples (peeled and chopped)

1/4 cup of sugar

1 tbs lemon juice

1/2 tsp cinnamon powder

Method:

1) Use about 1/4 cup of water to boil the apple in microwave. It will take hardly 2-3 minutes for apples to soften, and once tender, smashed them with a spoon and drain the extra water.

2) Now add 1/4 cup of sugar and lemon juice. Mix well. Put it back into the oven and cook uncovered for 5 minutes.

3) Sprinkle cinnamon powder over the mixture and slide it back into the oven for another 5 minutes or more till the mixture becomes completely dry and water evaporates.

4) Once it comes to room temperature, transfer it into a bowl or a jar and refrigerate it.

No comments:

Post a Comment