Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Mexican Cole Saw

My hubby yesterday in a very sombre tone asked me as if testing my knowledge "do you know why the hand of a compass is always directing towards north by default?" Quite taken aback by such an amusing out of the blue question, I racked my brain for a while before coming up with the answer, "No"....his reply left my brain dizzy for a moment...."because nobody dares point fingers at Rajinikanth in South." I know it is one instance among scores of silliest wackiest jokes on Rajinikanth and how tired I am of those PJs splashed all over Facebook.


Day before yesterday was Rajinikanth's birthday. Those of you who don't know yet who Rajinikanth is, please google to witness the craze about him. If you are living in southern part of India, you might have definitely felt the madness about Rajinikanth. He is worshipped like a demi-god here. Seriously!!


Back to the recipe, Mexican Cole Saw is a tasty tangy Mexican salad. I can guarantee that you would like its taste even if you are not a typical salad lover because my husband who otherwise never touches salads regarding them as "bland" gobbled a bowl of it, with pleasure.





 
  Ingredients:                                            Preparation time:10 minutes

ü  1 cup of cabbage, julienne cut

ü  1 cup of bell peppers, julienne cut

ü  1 small onion, julienne cut

ü  2 green chillies, julienne cut

ü  1/2 tsp of honey

ü  2 tsp of olive oil

ü  1 tsp of black pepper powder

ü  1/4 tsp of red chilli powder

ü  1 tsp of lemon juice

ü  1 tsp vinegar

ü  1/2 tsp of paprika or red chilli flakes

ü  Salt to taste

     Method:

1) Mix the ingredients in a bowl.

2) Serve with fish or chicken dish. I had it with Red Spice Salmon.

No comments:

Post a Comment