Thursday, December 29, 2011

Peanut Pineapple Salad

At the threshold of a new year, some very nostalgic thoughts are crowding my mind. This year has been quite a bit eventful. I have been to an array of exciting places including Niagara Falls, Chicago, Yercaud and Hyderabad. I have got myself engaged in things I enjoy pursuing like embroidery, cooking, reading and beading. All these have been possible because I have taken a professional break from the 9-5 job that killed me with boredom and monotony. I am now spending time the way I want without staying bound by routine.


Peanut Pineapple Salad is a simple fruit salad with few this and that ingredients added to heighten the flavour.




Ingredients:                                       Preparation time: 10 minutes

ü  1/2 cup of dry roasted peanuts

ü  1 tsp of dry roasted watermelon seeds

ü  1/2 cup of pineapple

ü  1/2 cup of cucumber

ü  1/2 cup of apple

ü  1 tbsp lemon juice

ü  1 tsp of black pepper powder

ü  Few sprigs of coriander leaves (chopped)

ü  1 tsp sugar

ü  Salt to taste

ü  Paneer, grated (optional)

Method:

Just mix in all the ingredients in a bowl and have a feast.




5 comments:

  1. wow..that is one delicious salad...I just love all the flavors going in :-)wishing u n ur family happy new year in advance !

    ReplyDelete
  2. salad is all time fav in my family ,. thanks for sharing .. and wishing you and your family happy new year .. in advance

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy new year to both of you Shilpa and Shonali.Thanks for liking my post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. awesome mix and match

    happy new year

    ReplyDelete
  5. A very happy new year to u too Meena

    ReplyDelete