Sunday, December 4, 2011

Spinach - Tomato Chicken Soup








For the health freaks and people working on reducing weight, nothing can serve well as soups. I have been working on my diet for last four years but since getting over my sweet tooth seems to be an idea next to impossible, I try to keep my weight in check by going for soups instead of snacks or crunchy munchies in the evening. That way I feel less guilty afterwards. I am yet to get lucky with my weight loss because I find it hard not to eat sweets for months. The moment I succeed losing 4-5 kgs by avoiding sugar for a month and feel delighted with the result, I again start taking sweet dishes. I don’t know how to keep an iron determination to work on my diet. Sugar is definitely an enemy to one's health, but a sweet enemy indeed ; )

Ingredients:                                         Cooking time: 30 minutes
ü  3-4 pieces of chicken
ü  100 gm spinach (slightly boiled and chopped)
ü  2 medium sized tomatoes (chopped)
ü  2 tbsp cornflour
ü  1 tsp ginger paste
ü  1 tsp garlic paste
ü  Black pepper powder to taste
ü  Salt to taste
ü  1 tbsp lemon juice
ü  1 tsp olive oil
Method:
1) Boil the chicken in 2 cups of water for 10 minutes. Once chicken turns tender, take them off the heat and dice them.
2) Now in a large pan, boil tomatoes and spinach leaves with water measured as per your requirement for soup. Add ginger-garlic paste and 1 tsp of olive oil. After 10-15 minutes of boiling, take the pan off the flame. Strain the soup and grind tomatoes and spinach leaves to a smooth paste in a blender.
3) Mix in the paste with the soup. Add cornflour, salt and black pepper powder and stir in to mix well. Put it on the heat again.
4) When gravy thickens a bit, add the chicken pieces and simmer on medium heat for 5-7 minutes.
5) Squeeze lemon juice on top before taking the soup off the heat. Serve hot with bread.

No comments:

Post a Comment