Thursday, July 5, 2012

Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies



Yesterday I went to our family physician who had a cute looking dog walking behind her into the room we were seated. I could not help but taking her on my lap and cuddling behind her ears and beneath the chin...the two most sensitive spots of dogs....her eyes closed basking in the shower of my affection. It was a moment that made me relive one of the many moments I had spent with my late pet Bonnie. Only someone who has a pet knows the pain of losing it to death. It's like losing a close family member. The void created by their demise is not easy to fill in.



There is a therapy called Dog therapy in which dogs are assigned into the work of comforting the destitute, lonely, homeless, depressed and old people. I had applied this therapy on myself when my life was staggering under the shock of a sudden betrayal of trust by a friend. It was one of the worst phases of my life when I literally went into depression for a period of time, losing all faith in the world. One of my favourite activities during those days was to spend as much time, as was possible for me to save after working in school, with my pet and with the stray canines loitering in our garden. Being with them made me realize that the humans might not take a second to shatter trust and trample on the feelings of those close to them, but dogs, the faithful lot will never leave your side no matter what happens.






Ingredients:                                                 Cooking time: 30-40 minutes
ü  1 cup cream cheese
ü  3/4 cup granulated sugar
ü  3/4 cup brown sugar
ü  2 eggs
ü  2 cups all-purpose flour
ü  1 cup rolled oats
ü  3/4 cup moderately sweet chocolate chips
ü  1 tsp salt
ü  1 tsp baking soda
Method:
1) Preheat oven to 375 F/190 C.
2) In a mixing bowl, combine cream cheese, eggs, granulated sugar and brown sugar. Whip them to a mixture of smooth consistency.
3) In a separate bowl, mix in the dry ingredients - all-purpose flour, baking soda and salt. Fold the cream cheese mixture into the dry ingredients and add rolled oats and chocolate chips. Mix well.
4) In a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, add the mixture in spoonful and bake for about 15-20 minutes till the cookies are browned on top.
5) Cool the cookies on wire rack till they harden. Store them in jars.


No comments:

Post a Comment