Monday, December 10, 2012

Chicken Keema with Mushroom



 
Good to come back to blogging again after two weeks break. I was out on vacation for 5 days and then upon coming back, I was so tired that the next few days were spent in getting the lost energy back. Cooking was not what I was enjoying as I was recuperating from fatigue. So for two weeks I was on very light meal, not having an iota of desire to try anything new.

But now that I have got my former vigor back, I am into my experimental self again. Okay, so this curry I cooked over dinner last night and it was scrumptious to say the least, my hubby having eaten 4-5 parathas with the curry.

 
 


Ingredients:                                                          Cooking time: 40 minutes
ü  Ground chicken or chicken keema (250 gm)
ü  White button mushrooms (300 gm)
ü  1 cup of corn kernels
ü  1 tbsp ginger (chopped)
ü  1 tbsp garlic (chopped)
ü  1 onion (julienned)
ü  1 large tomato (chopped)
ü  4-5 green chillies (chopped)
ü  1 tsp cumin powder
ü  1 tsp coriander powder
ü  1 tsp turmeric powder
ü  1 tsp kashmiri red mirch
ü  1 tsp black pepper
ü  1 tsp garam masala powder
ü  Salt to taste
ü  Coriander leaves for garnishing (chopped)
ü  1 tsp cumin seeds
ü  White oil or canola oil for cooking
Method:
1) Boil the button mushroom in microwave or on stove top for 10 minutes. Drain the water.
2) Heat oil in a wok. When oil turns hot, add cumin seeds and allow them to crackle. Add chopped ginger and garlic and shallow fry till brown in color.
3) Add onion and fry till golden brown in color. Add green chillies and tomato. Shallow fry. Add cumin powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, black pepper and kashmiri red mirch. Add a dash of water and sauté the spices for 2 minutes.
4) Add ground chicken and mix in with the spices. Add salt and cook covered for 10 minutes. Add corn kernels.
5) Add button mushroom and garam masala powder. Cook covered again for 10-15 minutes. (Keep adding splashes of water to keep the moist in if the curry turns dry.)
6) Garnish with coriander leaves. Serve hot with roti or paratha.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment