Thursday, April 4, 2013

Grape Juice



My husband has this quirky averseness towards fruits because of which I cannot make fruit salad sort of stuff for the fear that he won't even put them into his mouth, but prepare something juicy and he will gulp it down. That is why most of the time when fruits are brought home, I usually make juice out of them so that both of us can relish it together or else the responsibility of polishing off the fruits raw and diced is left entirely on to me.

 


So these grapes were shelved in the refrigerator for quite some time now and before they began to grow stale, I wanted to make use of them. The idea of making grape juice clicked my mind and since I wanted to avoid adding sugar as grapes are already quite sweet in flavor, I rather packed a punch by adding a blend of chat masala and kosher salt. If kosher salt is not readily available, you may use black salt as substitute.
 



















Ingredients:                                                                Preparation time: 10 minutes
600 gm grapes of any color (I used the black ones)
1 tsp chat masala
1/2 tsp kosher salt or black salt
1 glass of water
Method:
1) Using a juice extractor, extract the grape juice. Combine it with water and season with chat masala and kosher or black salt.
2) Serve chilled.

No comments:

Post a Comment