Friday, April 12, 2013

Sweet Oat Pancake



The weather last week was very beautiful with clear weather and the sun glowing red into the late evening sky, a telltale sign of summer approaching. In fact the mercury went up a bit putting my excitement high and I went out to bask in the sunshine pulling on a flimsy jacket over a top on last Sunday, but the last two days of murky weather with heavy wind howling and growling in full might occasionally accompanied by bouts of rain dampened all my feelings of enthusiasm before even they could take shape. With the way things going, looks like I need to stay sheltered in the cocoon of my home this weekend for the mighty gales make the feel-like temperature go up by few degrees.
 
 
Anyway, it's been long I have not posted anything new of oats.  This sweet oat pancake will remind you of French toast. This recipe originally was featured in biggest loser recipes, but they did add no butter and very less sugar, which I kind of modified in my recipe of the same. Having come to know of butter being good fat, I have become very fond of butter, not that I used to dislike it anyway but these days I am eating butter without guilt.

 
 
Ingredients :( for 5-6 pancakes)                                      Cooking time: 15 minutes
ü  8 egg whites (I used liquid egg whites available in Meijer)
ü  1 1/2 cups of cottage cheese
ü  1 1/2 cups of rolled oats
ü  3-4 tbsp sugar, you may adjust the amount according to your taste
ü  1/2 tsp cinnamon powder
ü  1 tsp vanilla essence
ü  Butter as per need
Method:
1) In a blender, put together oats, cottage cheese, sugar, cinnamon, vanilla and egg whites and blend into a mixture of smooth consistency.
2) Heat butter in a non-stick skillet and pour ladleful of the oat mixture. Shallow fry the oats pancake till both the sides become brown in color.
3) Serve hot with date-tamarind chutney or any favorite sauce of yours.
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment