Sunday, February 16, 2014

Achari Puri




Now I have not been very dedicated to updating my blog for last few months. I am extremely apologetic for that. But the good thing is as I was away in self-imposed hibernation, the number of hits per page of my blog kept increasing steadily, something I didn't expect really. I thought the infrequency in making posts would result in a decrease in the number of my blog followers and members of my blog, but that didn't happen really, and I am really grateful for that to all of you for supporting me and not leaving my side.

 
If you know the real reason for my absence, perhaps you would become less offended with me. Well, I am into the advanced stage of my pregnancy and while juggling with a freelancing job plus the teeny weeny bit of discomfort the little one is causing me, I am in a state of extreme laziness, a vice that I think plagues every pregnant woman as her tummy grows voluminous. With no helping hand here in USA where you have to do everything on your own, things are not always easy for pregnant women. Anyway, that's some story of pain I don't want to trouble you with. So better get down with the recipe in hand. This is an interesting piece of recipe I collected from a Facebook webpage. This puri tastes heavenly with any potato curry of your choice, but I specifically had it with Alu TomatoCurry. It was a magical combo.

Ingredients for Achari Puri :                                                 Cooking time: 20-30 minutes

ü  1 boiled potato (mashed)

ü  2 1/2 cups of wheat flour


ü  1 tbsp. sesame seeds

ü  1 tsp ajwain

ü  1 tsp sugar

ü  Salt to taste

ü  1 tbsp. pickle masala (I have used mango pickle masala)

ü  White oil for deep frying

Method:

 1) Except oil, toss together all the ingredients including potato, wheat flour, sesame seeds, salt, sugar, ajwain, pickle masala and a tiny amount of water needed to knead dough for puri.

 2) Make small balls out of the dough and using a rolling pin, roll them out into puri shape.

 3) Deep fry in hot oil.

 4) Serve with Alu Tamator or any favorite vegetable curry of your choice.

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment