Wednesday, June 4, 2014

White Chicken

With great pleasure I would like to share the joy of the addition of a new member in our family with the readers of my blog - our son Debarpan born on 5th May this year. His arrival has changed our lives completely, for the better. Though in the absence of any helping hand at home, managing everything on my own is stressful, everything gets made up for when I get to see the adorable face of my newborn. My parents were supposed to come from India to give me support nursing my kid but at the last moment my father fell sick and their trip had to be cancelled. First few days after I came back home from the hospital with the newborn were quite challenging for both me and my husband, but with a bit of planning and mutual cooperation with each other, we are pulling through this phase seamlessly so far. We both are savoring every moment of our time with our son. It is pure bliss!!

 


The recipe that I am going to share today is a tried and tested recipe of a chicken preparation one of my friends recently shared on her Facebook wall. As these days I am trying to be frugal in my consumption of spices as my baby breastfeeds, I take a liking to this recipe because it is less spicy. I tried it at home recently and the outcome panned out to be fantastic. It will earn brownie points with those fond of less spicy dishes as it did with me. Happy eating!!




Ingredients:                                              Cooking time: 30 minutes approx.


ü  500 gm boneless chicken (Cut into cubes)

ü  1 onion (boiled and ground into paste)

ü  1/2 tbsp. garlic paste

ü  100 gm grated cheese (I used Cheddar cheese)

ü  12-15 cashew nuts (ground into paste)

ü  4 tbsp. yogurt

ü  3 tsp corn flour

ü  Black pepper, taste wise

ü  1 tsp garam masala powder

ü  Salt to taste

ü  White oil for cooking

 

Method:

1) Toss chicken with salt and corn flour and then shallow fry the chicken pieces in white oil. Keep aside.

2) Into the same oil, add the ground onion paste and fry till onion turns golden in color.

3) Add garlic paste and cashew nuts paste. Cook on medium heat for a while, stirring continuously.

4) Add yogurt, grated cheese, black pepper and salt. Stir in. Cover and cook for 5 minutes till the ingredients assimilate properly.

5) Add chicken and 1 cup of water. Cook covered till chicken is cooked through.

6) Add garam masala powder before turning the heat off.

7) Serve hot with fried rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment